Roze is a workplace advice columnist and consultant.
As a columnist, Roze provides upbeat, practical advice to individuals questions concerning a myriad of issues they face in their places of work. WVEC, an ABC-TV affiliate, publishes her column, Workplace Woes - Roze Knows®, weekly on its Web site.
As a workplace consultant, Roze provides a variety of services listed below.
- Leading managers and employees in workshops and teambuilding exercises that advocate her H.E.A.R.T. philosophy
- Giving motivational and educational speeches and lectures that identify the tools required for a productive workplace and the qualities exhibited by an effective leader
- Assisting managers and human resource personnel in recruiting, assessing, and hiring job candidates
- Mentoring and coaching managers and employees in one-on-one discussions concerning situations that challenge their ability to succeed
- Conducting comprehensive interviews of organizations' personnel, accompanied by detailed, supporting documentation
Before becoming a workplace advice columnist and consultant, Roze worked over 20 years in the federal government, non-profit, and private sector. She was always deep in the trenches of each of her jobs, whether she was the employee or manager.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Special Agent in the field and Supervisory Special Agent at FBI Headquarters for over 13 years
- Virginia Opera Director of Development for two years
- Dow Chemical Market Development Associate for over four years
Roze is a volunteer for the Make-A-Wish Foundation and the Hampton Roads Social Services' Financial Exploitation Action Team (FEAT). She also serves on the Board of Directors for the Norfolk Crime Line.
Roze has a B.A. in American Government from the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA, and an M.A. in Humanities from Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA.